She seeketh wool and flax and worketh willingly with her hands. --Proverbs 31:13

2/28/2005

Have you ever had a moment when you go to post a photo to your blog, and you take your eyes off the subject for a moment, and look at the background? Do you immediately think, 'I can't post that!" Happened to me when I went to take this picture a moment ago. It is after 11 pm here, and the flash threw awful shadows, but mostly I noticed for the first time all the stuff the kids had piled on the table under the back window. Books, games, paper, and an almost empty 2 liter of orange pop. Well, I cleaned that up quick, but this picture turned out the best, anyway. I am spinning 4 colors of natural colored wool to knit Sean a pair of color work mittens. I have white, light grey, medium grey, and dark grey. DH is a big Lord of the Rings fan, and the medium and dark grey wool are from Stansborough Gotland sheep, the wool that the cloaks were made of. This is the medium grey. I got 238 yards. I know it isn't much, but if I use the dark and medium in the cuffs, then I can use the generic white and super soft light grey in the hand part of the mittens. I think it is going to turn out okay. No more spinning until I get mom's shawl done, though. I love spinning so much, I get carried away with it. Still no books from Schoolhouse Press. More later.

No comments: