She seeketh wool and flax and worketh willingly with her hands. --Proverbs 31:13

2/25/2005

I continue to make slow but steady progress on the snowdrop shawl for my mother. The kids had a dentist appointment on Wednsday, and I got a whole repeat done while waiting. I have just joined in the second ball of yarn, so what you see here is 1 balls worth of knitting.

This is a close up of the knitting. You can see here a little of how the shades change as the knitting progresses. In real life though, it just glows. I am really enjoying the knitting, it is just incredibly soft, and I can't wait to get it done so I can block it. In other news....I finished my triangle loom this week, Sean put it together on Sunday, and I marked the nail positions, drilled the guide holes and stained it on Monday. On Tuesday, I pounded in the 325 nails on each side. This trianlge loom was so incredibly easy to make. The only drawback is the size of the loom in my small living room. Once it is set up, the kids have to crawl under it to get to the back of the house. I don't think that I will have a chance to weave anything on it until I get this shawl done. I have to spin more yarn. Using the hypoteneuse x the number of nails, I will have to have 876 yards of yarn to weave a shawl, not including yarn for fringe. Still less than the yardage I need to knit a shawl though. Having said that though, I have three knitted shawls planned, and I haven't planned one thing for the triangle loom. I don't feel the connection with weaving that I do with spinning and knitting, although I am sure it will develop with time, like everything else I do. I am ordering fiber and dyes this week, so I will try to post pictures when those things get there. I also ordered the Latvian Mittens and Tounge River Sock Collection from Schoolhouse press this week. Actually, last Friday. I bet though that since Monday was a no mail day that those books will not get here tommorrow like I hope, but on next Monday. I hate waiting for mail. That's all today, hopefully I will have more to post soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your shawl is just gorgeous!!! A beautiful pattern. Good luck with it!

Tara