She seeketh wool and flax and worketh willingly with her hands. --Proverbs 31:13

3/03/2005

Off the needles for now...

Two pictures of the shawl in it's temporary resting state. I have more, but am limiting myself to these two. This is my favorite. You can see the shifting of the yarn colors, and it also caught the rich color of the shawl that you can't see in pictures that I took inside the house. I still have to knit on the edging, but I love it the way it is as well. The sad thing is, this shawl, so far, has not even used two complete balls of the yarn that I had spun up.

A few evening shadow's falling across this shot, and it is out of focus, but you can see that, so far, it has turned out nice. It will take one more ball, (maybe) for the edging. That leaves me with enough yarn for another shawl, but I think I am going to make a scarf or smoke ring that mom can use in the winter, or maybe ply it again and make her a pair of mittens or gloves. Oh well. This shawl is plenty big already, and after I add the edging and block it, it will be ample. By the way, in case you hadn't figured it out, the shawl is hanging from the tri-loom I finished last week and still haven't used. Yes it is resting on a plain handmade pine tri pod. Sean made it for me for homeschool, for the white board, but it works really well with the tri-loom. You can also see that spring has yet to be sprung in OK. Everything is still grey and brown. I wish it would snow but it looks we wont be getting any again this year. I miss snow.

I plan on picking up the stitches for the edging tonight. Two days will probably get me through that part and on to blocking. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another very beautiful shawl! Your work (of your hands) is so nice. I've been spinning some Gotland wool and I love it. I knitted a hooded scarf with some, using the color variation from two lots for the hood and the "tails." I ordered it as roving from Fantasy Fibers in Portland, OR. Would you share where yours came from?
shelleyplatt@frontiernet.net