She seeketh wool and flax and worketh willingly with her hands. --Proverbs 31:13

12/29/2004

It's done! I got all of the fiber for mom's shawl spun up, double ply, 32 wpi, beautiful, in my opinion. I am now doing swatches for the shawl, and will post pictures as I get them done.

Today I dyed fiber. This was my first attempt at dyeing with synthetic dyes. I wanted to dye some yellow and peach and those kind of colors, but that attempt failed. So I overdyed it using lots of blue, red and purple, I think it looks okay, but I guess I will have to wait until I spin some up to see what it is going to look like. This is just some bargin fiber from Woodland Woolworks, nothing special. It is pretty soft though, from what I can tell.

We had a marvelous Christmas. I didn't get any fiber related items, but I got to spend time with my kids and my husband, and I got to spin in the afternoon. I am so blessed to have my husband. He's the greatest, for more reasons than I can post here, so I won't even try. As I think of all the stuff that has happened this year, I thank God for the gift of having Sean here beside me.

Well, I hope your Christmas was wonderful and that you are looking forward to a wonderful New Year. I pray it brings you peace, health and happiness.

No comments: