She seeketh wool and flax and worketh willingly with her hands. --Proverbs 31:13

9/10/2006

Okay, I don't know if these pictures of baby hats and booties are boring, but there is such a drought of finished objects on this blog that I plan to continue posting them until someone says, "Hey, Jan, enough of the baby stuff already."

It is such a great feeling to actually get something done around here, you just can't imagine. I mean let's face it, there is not much of my life that is ever going to be finished. Laundry? Always going to be there. Dishes? Someone is always eating something. Sweeping and mopping. Nothing about three kids and two dogs suggests in anyway I am ever going to finish sweeping and mopping. Homeschooling? Well, someday it will be done, but not for at least another 10 or 11 years. Until I reach Heaven, I won't be done trying to live a life more pleasing to Christ since I fail so miserably at that every day.

So while a baby hat and socks set isn't much, it's finished! Let's enjoy it, okay?

5 comments:

Laura said...

Hi Jan! :) I'm giggling. Yeah, right. I know the "nothing will ever really be done" feeling. But the knitting - it does happen. Occasionally we come out with a finished knitted object! Congratulations - you've gotten a LOT more baby stuff knitted for charity than I have lately!

But I have learned about a new charity in my town - a home for young pregnant women. I've emailed them and hopefully it'll be a good place for some donations of baby knits and other various things.

I've been spinning with Ivy's wool the past few days - it's so pretty. There's so much it seems like I'll never use it up - but ohhh... I will. Eventually. heh :)

Jill said...

Hey, Jan! I know the feeling, too! I've got projects I started 30 years ago still calling to be finished. Oh, well, at least they're started! That's what I like about baby projects--they're little, and faster.

As for life's tasks, you'll only be finished when life is over, and then only the things you've finished for Him will count, anyway. God gave me a song about that. I will post it on my blog--www.jillsfrills.blogspot.com. (Sorry for the plug, if it's inappropriate.)

Tracy Batchelder said...

I, for one, will never get tired of baby knits. You know that! This set is really cute.

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

The reason I tend to gravitate towards small items like baby things, socks, mittens, etc. is because it takes no time for them to be finished. I like the "instant" gratification that you just don't get from the larger projects that seem to take forever to complete. So, keep on posting the pics of baby items. Besides, it's your blog so you can post anything you want!

Anonymous said...

Jan I always love to see finished products because that is the only phase of the project I ever understand! ha ha

Hope Reagan is doing better. Love ya