She seeketh wool and flax and worketh willingly with her hands. --Proverbs 31:13

8/01/2006

Well, here is my second try at the enterlac pillow top.

 

I'm still not entirely happy with it, so I will probably rip it out and start over. I wanted some texture,so tried to do the natural colored yarn in garter stitch. It just didn't work the way I hoped it would. So I'll go back and do those squares in stockinette as well, and I'll probably be happy. I love the smaller squares, they really suit the look I was going for.

We had a good homeschool day today. We got so much done today. That is the way it has been for most of the summer. Everyone really seems buckled down. We got some of Reagan's curriculum in the mail and I need to order some science and math stuff. Math seems to be the thing that we have the most trouble finding a good program for. We found a good program for multiplication (Times Tales! Wonderful wonderful program for multiplication and division)

Today I cleaned out the kids bookshelf and the containers they keep their individual work in. I am going to store those containers on one shelf each of the very tall, very narrow book shelf. It looks so much neater than keeping the containers on top of the fridge, LOL.

Well, Hubby is home and I have to fix dinner. Hope everyone is having a good day! Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Laura said...

I always love finding a new method of organizing clutter. Even if it's a small amount.

Nice new header and I like your progress bars! :)

Jill said...

Yes, I agree, Laura. Finding a new way things will fit is like working a new puzzle!

Tracy Batchelder said...

How many hours a day do you spend on homeschooling? It sounds like such a full time job, I wonder how you find time to do any knitting at all. I like both versions of the pillow.

Anonymous said...

Love your blog! I don't know how I stumbled across it...maybe a God thing? I too am a Christian/homeschooler/knitter. The similarities end with the gardening, however. All my plants are struggling to survive this Texas heat! Anyway, blog on, Sister! You are an encouragement!

Colleen in Texas
PS "Times Tales", huh? I'll have to look into that!