She seeketh wool and flax and worketh willingly with her hands. --Proverbs 31:13

9/27/2005

Insomnia

It's too late to come up with a snappy post title. It figures that just when I would most like to go to bed at night and actually sleep, I can't. Instead, this is the third night in a row that I have found it impossible to sleep. It is almost 4 am, and in an hour, Sean will be up to go to clinicals, and I will have to admit I have been up all night. Then, just about morning I will fall asleep for a little while, and then be exhausted all day. I just can't seem to turn my mind off though, despite numerous cups of chamomile tea. Usually that works for me.

At least it's been interesting. I have been reading the reviews over at the Ordinary American webiste. It is basically Orson Scott Cards blog. He gets to go on and on about ordinary things and sound interesting; as opposed to me, who could go on and on about ordinary things and bore you to tears. He also talks about things going on in Greensboro occaisionally, and I enjoy that, because, occaisionally, I miss Greensboro. If you go read over there, make sure you read the review about toilet paper. It's hilarious, especially if you haven't had any sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I had the trick for you. I didn't sleep much last night and now I can't stay awake!!

My mom always says things are funnier when you're tired. heh

Tracy Batchelder said...

Just catching up on all your news since fleeing from Rita. Thanks for all your prayers. They were very much appreciated.

I know what you mean about sharing the details of your life outside of knitting and spinning. I'm the same way. I'm sorry the news about your father is not good. We have dealt with this in our family in the past and are dealing with it again now. I hate cancer!

Continue to search out the things that will bring you comfort. I'm sure you are having a hard time sleeping because of all you are dealing with. If you would ever care to talk in a more private setting, you can find my email in the "View My Complete Profile" section of my blog.

Praying for you.

Tracy