She seeketh wool and flax and worketh willingly with her hands. --Proverbs 31:13

6/20/2005

Back on Track

Saturday was Seans first Saturday off since he started back to school. We had a nice relaxing day. We took the kids to the park and had a picnic, they got to play on the various jungle gyms, and we fed the geese and ducks. Geese are tricky. They want you to feed them, but if you don't back away from the food quick enough, they would be more than happy to bite you. It wasn't as if I expected them to let me pet them, but the hissing right in my face was a little disconcerting.
I wound up all the yarn for the shawl/stole on Sunday, and picked up the stitches. There are 189 stitches on each long edge, and 45 across each end. I am on the third row around. It takes an amazingly long time to complete a round. I am in the process of switching from the addi turbos to a bamboo needle. The turbos are just too slick for lace knitting. It is very nice to be knitting though. I enjoy spinning, but even more, I enjoy having yarn I spun slip through my fingers and become something else. Nothing else really is going on here. I used the steam cleaner on all my carpets today in further preperations for the trip, and started my master list of stuff to go with us, trying not to forget important medicines or my camera or something else that it would be awful if we forgot. I can not wait to see my family. I have to wait, but I hope the next 9 days just fly by!

2 comments:

Tracy Batchelder said...

What length of circular do you use to hold that many stitches? Love the picture of the duck. As for geese, they make me nervous, especially the hissing.

Jan said...

The addi turbos I had it on was 40 inches, that is the length I buy all of those so I can use the magic loop method for hats and gloves, etc. The bamboo was the regular length you can buy in the store though. I think they are 28 or 29 inches? Not sure. I had to raid MIL's needles to find one.