She seeketh wool and flax and worketh willingly with her hands. --Proverbs 31:13

5/06/2005

Well, I answered a knock at the door, and found Fed-Ex there to deliver these wonderful flowers from my wonderful brother and his wife. They are both a blessing to me, and I love them so much. We all live too far away from each other, and I can't wait until July so I can see them and their beautiful daughter. And Jodi and her gang. And Rocky and his. And Mom. I just can't wait to see everybody!

Mom's scarf is done. I do not like the way the edges blocked on this, and will probably try to re-block it before I send it off. But the pattern is just lovely. It was a lot of fun to knit, but no matter how much fun I have knitting something, by the end, I am ready for something else. I am afraid that if I didn't make myself finish each object before I started another, I would never finish any of them.

So what is next? Well, believe it or not, I still have one skein of the 32 WPI yarn from what is designated as "Mom's Yarn" and I might start a smoke ring out of that. I have 200 yards of it. I also have two other lace projects planned though, and I probably will do one of those. I also have got a big hankering to order "A Gathering of Lace" because I saw several pictures of things in there that I would love to do. I wonder how long this lace jag is going to last? I am not knitting Sean's mittens because I just can't get into it right now. It is too warm by far already to be knitting mittens in OK. I want to do some beaded knitting, and the lace will combine nicely with that.

That's all for today. Hopefully I will have more to blog about later this week.

No comments: