She seeketh wool and flax and worketh willingly with her hands. --Proverbs 31:13

1/03/2005

Being impatient won out. I started the swatch for the Madli's shawl, but the more I looked at the Lace Dream swatch, the more I feel in love with it. So I went ahead and cast on the 115 stitches, and started the stole. Got 1 and a half repeats through it, and discovered I had been reading the chart wrong, so had to rip back to the k2togethers where you form the hem of the ruffled edge...

This is an upclose and personal view of the fixed lace pattern. I like it much better this way, it is somehow more open, even though there is more stockinette stitch in it the way it is written. It took me a good part of the day yesterday to do one repeat of the chart, so I am estimating it will take about 2 and a half weeks to finish the knitting. That is if I don't get sidetracked by my wheel, which is sitting forlornly in room, whining when I walk by. I am at this point captivated by the lace knitting. As always, I am just fascinated by the way the yarn overs and k2togethers make this beautiful fabric. Sometimes I really don't get why everybody doesn't knit. It is just so satisfying.

No comments: