She seeketh wool and flax and worketh willingly with her hands. --Proverbs 31:13

11/03/2004

Well, I started this shawl last night, and it has gone surprisingly fast so far. Of course, the stitch count in increasing, and it will just go slower and slower. This is the Pi Shawl, that Elizabeth Zimmerman invented. I did not have enough of any one color of this alpaca yarn to make the shawl, and I am just about out of this terra cotta color, and will be switching to tan soon. It is my hope that I will be able to finish the shawl with the two shades of tan/brown I have and use red for the edging. If it seems that isn't going to work, I plan on using the celery green after the tan, and still do the edging in red. Or use the red after the tan and edge with the celery. It might not be the prettiest shawl in the world, but I am just going to leave it here in the living room in the winter months to wear when the house is a little chilly in the morning, more of a comfort object than a fashion item. It might not be pretty, but I bet it is plenty functional. Of course, typing this, it has occured to me that I could start completely over, with one of the single skeins of tan, and then use the two skeins of green, then the two skeins of light purple, and it might look better. Ohhhh, decisions decisions. Maybe I will finish this one off in one of the skeins of tan/brown, and then Reagan can have a smaller one of her own, for her or her baby. Maybe I will be able to make up my mind by tommorrow....

No comments: