She seeketh wool and flax and worketh willingly with her hands. --Proverbs 31:13

11/08/2004

Changes

The Pi shawl led a short life. I screwed up somewhere, and ended up ripping it out. I like the pattern, but lots of stuff going on, and I need more of an attention span to get the lace patterns right. I also didn't like doing it in different colors.

Then, I thought that I would do the feathers and fans shawl triangle shawl from Folk Shawls by Cheryl Oberle. Nope. I started that one twice, and gave up. I hate garter stitch and the garter stitch seemed endless.

So now I am working on the Flower Basket Shawl from the Fall 2004 Interweave Knits. I think it will make a great Christmas present for someone this year.

It seems, however, that I am going to need a more portable project for a while. I have been having what a friend of mine calls "female problems"; and am going to be going to several doctors appts, followed by another surgery that will require at least one nights stay in the hospital. It is supposed to be not a big deal, so I am hoping I will be able to knit that evening. The stay is really more for just observation that anything else. I am just glad that the problem is finally going to be over!

As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: he is buckler to all them that trust in him. For who is God, save the LORD? and who is a rock, save our God? God is my strength and power: and he maketh my way perfect.
--2 Samuel 22:31-33

No comments: