She seeketh wool and flax and worketh willingly with her hands. --Proverbs 31:13

11/15/2004

Well, I have been spinning since Saturday. This is a closeup of the plied yarn that I get from the roving that I bought at the guild meeting. It is really pretty. There is so much pink and purple in it though, that it is destined to become a hat for Reagan.

This picture more clearly shows the abundance of pink and purple. For my first dyed roving, I think it is okay, but I think in the future, I am going to try to break the colors up more, in the hopes of getting more variety when I am plying. Oh well, Reagan will love it. Now I just need to find some roving so I can make some stuff for the poor, knitting neglected boys. I ordered some Ashland Bay roving from Woodland Woolworks today with my craft cash from buying my wheel. I really like the colors, and those are more "adult" colors.

No comments: