She seeketh wool and flax and worketh willingly with her hands. --Proverbs 31:13

9/21/2004

Well, I got the new fleece yesterday, I was so excited. I immediately started scouring it, in little batches in the sink. I was afraid for a while that it wasn't going to be useable, it looked so dirty. But a little soaking time, and it was great. The more I learn about sheep, spinning, taking the time to do this by hand, the more I understand why so much of the imagery in the Bible comes from these small simple things. "Washed as white as snow" means more now, having seen the dirtiest smelliest fleece turn into this mass of gleaming white wool.

Well, I am hoping that we are over our illness now, and things will start to get back to normal now. We had a few good days, and then I got hit really bad with something. I am praying that no one else gets it.

No comments: