She seeketh wool and flax and worketh willingly with her hands. --Proverbs 31:13

9/16/2004

Absolutely..

Nothing to report. Ugh. The kids and I have been sick, and I have done almost nothing all week. I have been spinning on the little spindle, for a little while in the evenings, but mostly, it has been a week of sitting around, watching cartoons and waiting in line for the bathroom. I think everyone is feeling better today though. Also talked to my dad this morning. I haven't spoken to him in a long time, and I was worried about him. Seems to be doing okay, says he is going to retire and then come visiting. We'll see. I would love to have him, but he is always promising to visit, and then I never see him.

Well, I made another major spinning purchase. My sis (love you Jodi) sent me $20 and I had another $20. I had seen mentioned on one of the lists a Greensleeves spindle called the Mjolinor. I clicked over and took a look at it and thought, "What is all the fuss about?" Then I clicked on one of the black and white thumbnails and waited for the picture to load. Oh. That is absolutely Beautiful. Two days later, I have ordered one, and while I am sad that it will not be here by Saturday for the Spinning Guild meeting, I am really excited about it. Feeling guilty, but excited. The Susan spindle that I have is very light, and I have been spinning really fine singles on it. I am hoping that with this new spindle, the weight of it will mean that I have to spin a little thicker. Not a lot thicker, but a little. I could never knit with the singles from the Susan, anyway.

Well, the kids are up and have eaten, so I need to see if we are going to feel like school today or not. I have a feeling we are going to have to take the whole week off though. It's no problem to make it up at a later date, I just feel like I have lost momentum, and I hate all the time spent watching cartoons, but they have just been too sick to do anything else.

No comments: