She seeketh wool and flax and worketh willingly with her hands. --Proverbs 31:13

1/10/2007

The last couple of days I have been working on another baby hat. Sean requested some time ago that I knit this lady he works with a hat for her baby, and I did. But, as you know, babies grow. She really wanted another one, but in navy blue, I guess to match his coat.


Have you ever tried to find navy blue baby yarn? It doesn't exist, at least not at Michaels or Hobby Lobby, which were the only two sources available to me since I needed to get it done by this weekend coming up.


I think the first hat was basically the same as the ones I have been knitting for the Pregnancy Resource Center, a rolled brim, plain stockinette, and an I cord loop, button or nub on the top. This one I did a little different. I knit in k2p2 rib for about an inch and a half, and then did a knit two, purl two, twist two, purl two rib. Knit for a while, till it seemed a little longer than necessary, and then did a series of decreases. And ended with the little I cord button.


It's pretty cool to be able to whip something up without really needing a pattern, but I am beginning to need a challenge. Time to email mom about her sweater, and see if I can figure out what she'd like.


2 comments:

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

The hat is so cute! I don't think I'm at the point of whipping up anything without a pattern...I still need that!

Tracy Batchelder said...

Very cute hat! I like ribbed hats because they fit a variety of sizes.