She seeketh wool and flax and worketh willingly with her hands. --Proverbs 31:13

8/15/2006

I can't believe that it is Wendsday already!! Ack! I swear I mean to update more often, but time has just been flying by. With DH's new schedule, homeschooling and trying to adjust, I keep forgetting to post, even though I mean to.

Anyway, I seem to have finally gotten over my fiber block, and ideas for items from socks to shawls are multiplying rapidly in my skull. However, before I get to any of those, I have to finish up some of the UFO's around here. I have been working on the diagonal scarf a lot, while feeling guilty that I am not working on the cabled cardigan for my MIL. I know it will be no time before it will be cold enough to wear the cabled sweater, so I really should be working on it, but I haven't really had time to devote to it. It takes a bigger block of time to get re-oriented on it and make progress than I have had lately. So I work on the scarf.....

and I do some spinning......

I love that top skein. I carded some cranberry, hot pink and purple together, and that is what happened. It was lots of fun and a good short diversion from the ongoing lace weight singles spinning.

In other news, Reagan and I made a trip to Hobby Lobby last Friday, where baskets were half off. So we both got a "knitting" basket.

Mine...

Reagan's.....

Reagan also got a skein of really really fat yarn to knit with. She has really been knitting, everywhere, all the time. It's a guaranteed that if I get out my knitting, she goes and gets out hers, and if I get out the Minstrel, she goes and gets the Ashford traditional and gives it a go. She doesn't quite get it yet, but she's getting there. Anyway, she also got a copy of the Mary Frances Knitting and Crocheting Book on sale for $3.66. She seems to really be enjoying it, or at least moving the book mark around every so often. This is her most recent "project"

6 comments:

Lou Schiela said...

Okay, so how did you get your girl interested in knitting? I can't even get mine to sit down for 5 minutes to try.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!
Jolie and I LOVED our felted purses! They are so special because you made them but beyond that, they are gorgeous! I have already had several comments and envious looks. You are soooo talented and I am thankful to have you as a SIL and to receive such a thoughtful, beautiful gift. You rock girl!

Laura said...

My two older daughters are both doing a little knitting here and there when they're at my house - I don't push them - they'll continue developing an interest if it's meant to be. But oh when they see the spinning I know they'll want to at least TRY that!!

Your diagonal lace scarf is just beautiful!! The longer it gets the more I like it!

Jill said...

The baskets are wonderful. I love to see the things Regan is knitting. Soon she'll have to have her own blog to showcase her personal work.

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I sooooo LOVE that cranberry, pink, and purple yarn you put together!!

The baskets are fabulous looking, and look like they'd hold a lot of yarn!

Regan's knitting is looking great! I think it's sweet that everytime you get yours out she get's hers too. Something that can help make fond memories in the years to come I am sure!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Oops...forgot to mention that the scarf is looking fabulous. It looks so soft!