She seeketh wool and flax and worketh willingly with her hands. --Proverbs 31:13

2/15/2006

Celebration!

There isn't too much interesting fiber stuff going on over here these days. I continue to work on the fronts of the cabled sweater, and have started the side shaping. It's going to get real interesting when I have to start decreases on the neck line as well as the armhole shaping, LOL. I figure I will have to use two stitch counters to keep track of everything. You will be proud of me though, I read through the directions for the fronts at least two or three times and continue to read them every once in a while to make sure I am doing things right.



I did a little spinning yesterday so I would have something half way interesting to show you. I spun one sample thick and thin, and the other just thin, probably a fingering or sport weight. I can't decide which one I like more. I like the uniformness of the thin stuff, but I like the texture of the thicker yarn. Either would make an intersting project I think.


Yesterday was my Birthday. I think it will be the last one I celebrate. I just don't enjoy it much anymore. Maybe though, it was just this year. **Valentines is also our wedding anniversay, (Yesterday was our 14 year anniversary!) and I think I would rather concentrate on that than all the focus just being on me. It doesn't seem fair to Sean, he is such a good husband, and he spends the whole day trying to make me happy! I got him two videos he has been wanting, Galaxy Quest and Big Trouble in Little China. We both like Galaxy Quest, it's just plain funny. I don't really care for Big Trouble in Little China and make myself scarce when it's on. He also got himself some tools and things he's been wanting. I got a box of Godiva chocolate and a Patrick Green Beverly Drum Carder. However, it still hasn't arrived. I thought it would be here yesterday. It wasn't. Then I thought it would get here today. It didn't. Maybe tommorrow?? Hopefully.

Well, I don't like to blog too much about other peoples lives on here, but wanted to share that the mother of a dear friend of mine accepted Jesus into her heart today. There has been a lot of joy and celebration about this day that we were beginning to fear would never come. Don't ever quit praying for the people that you hope to see saved and don't ever doubt that the Lord can use bad situations for good. He is in control!

They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him. --Psalms 126:5-6

**Note: Getting married on your birthday is not a good idea. Especially when that Birthday already falls on a holiday, and you share that birthday with a twin. I am not complaining because I don't get as many presents, but just that it causes so much chaos. Not the smartest choice I have ever made, Let me tell you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday, happy belated anniversary, and happy belated Valentine's Day! Kudos on the carder. I am sure you will love it. But even better about your friend's salvation. That is wonderful.

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Wonderful, wonderful news about your friend's mother accepting Jesus!! Thanks for sharing that!

The sweater is looking fabulous, as is the yarn you did. Hopefully whatever you make with it you'll show us :o).

Happy belated birthday/anniversary!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful about your friend's mother! That's news that can always be shared about another person on your blog. :)

I was going to ask how the whole birthday/anniversary/Valentine thing works for you but you answered that. Did your mother think it was special to have twins on Valentine's Day?

Tracy Batchelder said...

That's a lot to celebrate in one day! Happy Birthday!

Despite the trouble you've had with the cable sweater, it really is looking good.
Hope you can work out the changes without too many headaches.

Miss Knotty said...

Wowee! Happy birthday/anniversary/Valentine's day! Thanks so much for the journal info you left in my comments. I never would have thought to write down needle size, but that's so logical, especially if you have to use a diff needle size than the recommended to get gauge! So smart! This is why I like hearing from other knitters.

Praise the Lord about your friend's mom! I'm so glad you guys didn't give up hope.