She seeketh wool and flax and worketh willingly with her hands. --Proverbs 31:13

1/02/2006

The first "finished" object of 2006, I suppose. You can look at it two ways, as it was amoung the last things I dyed in 2005, but I finished plying it yesterday morning. It turned out so nicely. There is 182 yards, of probably fingering weight or sport weight yarn. I can't find my wpi tool. I was hoping I would have about 200 so that I could make the Heartstrings smoke ring from it, but I guess that is not going to work out. So there is no plan for this yarn at the minute.


I also have some more work done towards my Fair Isle goals. A few more blends. I don't know too much about blends yet, I'm just getting started. I have to sit with the color wheel in front of me, and I have been searching out yarns made from blended fibers to look at on the internet. I think my favorite in this picture is the second blue from the top, followed by the green at the bottom.



I continue on my search for a good Bible study. I know that I need some direction, and I really need to work on trusting the Lord. Sometimes it feels like I am balanced on a precipice, and all it will take is one gentle puff of wind, one more "bad" thing to push me off into depression. I have stood, expecting that long fall, and it never comes. He continues to be faithful, to bear me up, even when I feel like I have failed Him. Since I haven't found a Bible study (for free, online, anyway) that "fits" yet, I have been studying the names of God. One site I have read lists 603 different names that He has been called, not counting the I Am's (ex. I am the LORD which exercise loving-kindness, judgment, and righteousness.) and the Who's (ex. Who walketh upon the wings of the wind). Just reading the names is calming, and I take comfort in it.

My favorite, right now, is "A Nail in a Sure Place" When we discussed this one during homeschool the other day, I explained to the kids how if you want to hang a shelf or a picture, you have to find a stud in the wall. If you put your nail any other place, then you can't put much of a load on it, or it will tear out of the wall. And so is Jesus. at least for me. When I try to find my happiness anywhere else (in money, friends and family, food) I soon find that I can't put much of a load there. There is not enough money in the world to take the place of Jesus; I can't always be what other people need me to be, (or they for me!); food (although I love it) does not fill me up with what I need. No, the only sure place to put my faith is in Jesus.

And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open. And I will fasten him as a nail in a sure place; and he shall be for a glorious throne to his father's house. --Isaiah 22:22-23

4 comments:

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Have you thought of doing a study on the Psalms? What we are doing in my Bible study is this, and we (on our own) read a Psalm (we try to do one a day at least) and see what the Lord says to us.

The idea is to pray first, asking for guidance and direction and for the Lord to speak through His Word. Then read the psalm and highlight what "jumps" out at you or speaks to you. Next write down why it speaks to you and what it means to you at that time. You aren't looking for what commentaries, etc. have to say on the passage. It is how it speaks to you at the time you read it, how it makes you feel...that sort of thing.

Tracy Batchelder said...

I think the way you are feeling is normal after all you've been through recently. I know you will find what you are searching for, because you are looking in the right place.

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." Matthew 7:7-8

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to learning what you find and your thoughts on a Bible Study. I miss going to Ladies Bible Class but with Lila being so little I really can't do it yet. Just reading blogs and Bible study related web sites are very inspirational to me but it doesn't replace the fellowship with others and really talking and praying together. I'm praying that you'll find what you're looking for and the peace that will come with it. (((Hugs)))

Leslie Shelor said...

Lovely work; sometimes just the meditation of tasks can be calming, and I like the idea of just going over the names of God. Very peaceful!