She seeketh wool and flax and worketh willingly with her hands. --Proverbs 31:13

11/09/2005

I'm trying this for the third time. There are fiber pictures as promised today. First up is the wonderful yarn that I spun from the roving I dyed on Oct. 31. I really like the way this turned out. I spun some for isolated areas of the plum and scarlet/rust, and just spun the rest as it came, splitting each length of roving into 4 pieces. This way I can have contrasting heels and toes in socks, or contrasting cuffs and thumbs if I decide to knit mittens.

This is the progress I have made on the alpaca scarf. The pictures can't convey how soft and lucious this is. Rumor has it that fleece or roving from the same animal I spun this yarn from will be up on ebay soon. Whoever wins that auction will be lucky indeed. I can't wait to get this finished and blocked.

Last but not least is the Aran cardigan back. I had made more progress on this, but ended up having to rip back when I discovered I had made a mistake in the cable on the first X, all the way across. It wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't been almost through the second O! Arrgh! Well, it looks better now, anyway. I am pleased with how it is turning out, even if I am not so pleased with how slow it seems I am going. Lastly, I made more blog changes today. I still can't remember how I made the blogger title disapear so that just my blog banner was up there before things got screwy. I am persistant though, I will figure it out! Let me know if you like the changes (or not!). Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Tracy Batchelder said...

Nice yarn. You will make something beautiful with it I know. The new colors on your blog go well with your header picture. I don't know how to remove the blogger title, but I think my son does. I remember he asked me if I wanted to keep it or get rid of it when he helped me set mine up. If you can't figure it out, let me know and I'll ask him.

Anonymous said...

I think blogger sounds complicated! Pretty changes on your banner but now it's t o o w i d e f o r m y m o n i t o r ! ! !

Beautiful yarn. You do such lovely dying and spinning. Can't wait to see the blocking on that lace! :)