She seeketh wool and flax and worketh willingly with her hands. --Proverbs 31:13

9/21/2005

Work on the shawl went well last night. I am almost through with the first ball of yarn. I like this much better in Stockinette stitch than in garter stitch. It makes good tv knitting as well. I am going to add lace when I am about half way through the yarn I have dyed for this, and finish it when I have 1 and 1/2 balls of yarn left. It should be plenty big, I want it to be big and snuggly, since I figure I will mainly wear it around the house.

The bread for today was Rye! I absolutely love rye bread, I have since I worked in the bakery in NC. This is a little more dense than I like my bread though, and the caraway seed flavor is a little subdued in this bread.This recipe had corn meal in it, and while I like what that did to the crust, I don't like the color it gave to the bread. It is almost green. Oh, well, I guess all that means I just get to try again tommorrow with another recipe. I want to make some onion bread too, I think that would be delicous in sandwiches.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

'Baddest man in America' arrested at Spokane diner
An resident alien from Italy who claimed to be an FBI agent, Jesus Christ and 'the baddest man in America' was arrested Tuesday when he went to Frank's Diner dressed in a bathrobe and wearing a holster with a ...
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a "the rich jerk" site. It pretty much covers "the rich jerk" related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)