She seeketh wool and flax and worketh willingly with her hands. --Proverbs 31:13

9/04/2005

Well, this is a picture of the mystery project. My little sister started college a couple of weeks ago, and I made these to match the decor of her room. I also sent her a batch of homemade cookies (cracked sugar cookies and chocolate chip cookies) and three bags of hard candy, so she can keep her energy up while studying. I also sent her the finished change purse that I felted a while back. I think she liked it all.

I am having a rough time. I found out Friday that my dad is in the hospital. Then today, they called to tell me that several things had happened. He is seriously ill, and I can't go be with him. They thought he had a heart attack, but then ruled that out. He has blood in one lung, although they have managed to get much of it out. They also found a nodule on his lungs, which may or may not be cancer. We are just waiting now, to see what happens next. (This is a picture of dad and my twin and I, long long ago)


Anyway, I probably won't be on much until Wednsday. Our computer line is not working correctly, and I have to try to keep the regular phone line open.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww Jan, I'm so sorry about your father. You must be so heartsick that you can't visit. He and your family is in my prayers for peace, comfort, and recovery.

Darling slippers for your sister. What pattern did you use?

Tracy Batchelder said...

Praying for you and your dad.

e's knitting and spinning blog said...

I'm very very sorry Jan. Our thoughts will be with you.
Elizabeth