She seeketh wool and flax and worketh willingly with her hands. --Proverbs 31:13

8/13/2005

Just wanted to start this post by saying that I am so grateful for all your words of condolence and support about Shiloh. It really means a lot to me that you took time out of your day to offer such kind words. We had a rough couple of days, but things are better now. We just can't believe she is gone. She had such energy that it is hard to believe it could just vanish like that. Things move on though.

I am still knitting the sock. These two pictures were taken right after I added in the second ball of yarn, so I figure it will only take 3 balls for a pair. For a pair of straight stitch ankle socks, you could easily get away with 2 balls, unless they were for really large feet. I am knitting these on size 2 addis, and am really pleased with the fabric. They are soft and squishy. I am headed back to Hobby Lobby today to get some more. As if I have time to knit more socks, LOL. I have so many projects and ideas for projects floating around that I know I won't get to do all of them. Well, better to have ideas and not enough time than to have no ideas and plenty of time, right?

I finished spinning the lace weight alpaca this week. I got a total of 120 some yards. Not a lot, and I don't know what I will do with it. Once again, as I was spinning I was thinking, oh, this has way too much twist, it is going to be like handling rope. But once I finished the singles and plied it, it transformed into this beautiful, soft, drapey yarn. I would say it is roughly 20-30 wpi. I haven't actually had a chance to measure, but the singles were 40 wpi. It's really nice yarn though, the color is just gorgeous. That's probably enough for today. I have to get ready to go to town and put the boys to work picking stuff up. Sean took our girl to town with him, he had to go to the college to get his ID card and parking permits. School for him starts again on Monday, and then things will really get interesting.

4 comments:

Tracy Batchelder said...

I think the DMC yarn is knitting up beautifully. And, your handspun is gorgeous. I always love the colors you choose.

Anonymous said...

The socks look great. I'm right with you on knitting socks - how do these other people do it so fast? I was saddened to read about Shiloh. I hope Chad is doing okay this week without her. Thank you so much for coming over to my site and leaving a comment. I do so appreciate it.

Lillium

Lou Schiela said...

Your sock is beautiful. I love the color and the cables. I am so ready for fall and your sock looks like autumn! Your handspun is so even. It looks yummy.

On my blog you asked about the knitpicks dyeable yarn. The yarn I dyed (Color Your Own) worked wonderfully. The yarn comes already skeined. The skein I dyed a solid color I just tied in a couple of places and got started. I re wound the other two skeins because I wanted a longer skein for the variegated dying.

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I'm a bit late on this, but I wanted to express my sympathy for the loss of Shiloh. I recently lost the beloved dog of my childhood, and I know how Chad must be feeling now. I am very sorry for your loss.

I've been reading your blog for a while now, and I love the craftmanship in your spinning and knitting. Your work is very beautiful and inspiring!