She seeketh wool and flax and worketh willingly with her hands. --Proverbs 31:13

6/13/2005

Well, it isn't pretty, but it works. I finally got my lazy kate completed yesterday. Sean used the abrasive saw to cut down the steel rod into several pieces, and cut the pine round into halves. I then measured out the places for 4 bobbins. After drilling appropriate sized holes (yeah, I messed up once. I just moved over and drilled another hole using a smaller drill bit) I used the hammer to drive the steel rods into place. I then used the single drive setup stuff from my Kromski to make it a tensioned lazy kate. I have stuff that I bought to do that around here somewhere, but I have put it somewhere for safe keeping, and now I can't find it. It's all right, though. The kromski stuff worked fine.

Other than that, there hasn't been a lot of fibery stuff going on. I have been spinning up the last of the yarn for the stole. I think I am almost done. I have been looking up info on natural dyeing, there are quite a few plants available here that would make great dye experiments. We are getting ready for our trip to WV over the 4th. Today was spent confirming the car reservation and looking up hotel rates, cleaning out everyones closets and washing tons of laundry. Isn't this moth pretty? I used the close-up lens to get it. I love the coppery glint off his wings.

No comments: