She seeketh wool and flax and worketh willingly with her hands. --Proverbs 31:13

6/24/2005

Friends

My husband has a bunch of friends that he has known since college, he met them the first time he lived out here before we met at a different college, LOL. They are all incredibly funny. We don't get to see them much, but they have a private forum somewhere in the web, where they post jokes and movie reviews and stuff. Sean is constantly reading me something that one of them has posted that makes me laugh so hard tears run down my face. I'm easily amused, but these guys are really funny. Anyway, his friend Rob, posted this little gem that he wrote a couple of days ago...


There's going to be an extra scene included in the DVD release of EMPIRE STRIKES BACK coming up next year! Basically, it expands on the scene where Vader reveals his fatherhood to Luke, and ties up some loose ends created with the release of Episode 1 & 2...
The Empire Strikes Back: Extra-Special Edition

INT: BESPIN GANTRY - MOMENTS LATER:

A furious lightsaber duel is underway. DARTH VADER is backing LUKE SKYWALKER towards the end of the gantry. A quick move by Vader, he chops off Luke's hand! It goes spinning off into the ventilation shaft. Luke backs away. He looks around, but realizes there's nowhere to go but straight down.

Darth Vader: Obi Wan never told you what happened to your father.

Luke: He told me enough! He told me you killed him!

Darth Vader: No... I am your father!

Luke: No, it's not true! It's impossible.

Darth Vader: Search your feelings... you know it to be true....

Luke: NO!

Darth Vader: Yes, it is true... and you know what else? You know that brass droid of yours?

Luke: Threepio?

Darth Vader: Yes... Threepio... I built him... when I was 7 years old...

Luke: No...

Darth Vader: Seven years old! And what have you done? Look at yourself, no hand, no job, and couldn't even levitate your own ship out of the swamp...

Luke: I destroyed your precious Death Star!

Darth Vader: When you were 20! When I was 10, I single-handedly destroyed a Trade Federation Droid Control ship!

Luke: Well, it's not my fault...

Darth Vader: Oh, here we go... "Poor me... my father never gave me what I wanted for my birthday... boo-hoo, my daddy's the Dark Lord of the Sith... waahhh wahhh!"

Luke: Shut up!

Darth Vader: You're a slacker! By the time I was your age, I had exterminated the Jedi knights!

Luke: I used to race my T-16 through Beggar's Canyon.

Darth Vader: Oh, for the love of the Emperor...10 years old, winner of the Boonta Eve Open... Only human to ever fly a Pod Racer... right here, baby!

{Luke looks down the shaft. Takes a step towards it.}

Darth Vader: I was wrong... You're not my kid... I don't know whose you are, but you sure ain't mine...

{Luke takes a step off the platform, hesitates, then plunges down the shaft.}

{Darth Vader looks after him.}

Darth Vader: Get a haircut!



We rolled with laughter when we read it, so I asked Rob if I could share it with you and he said I could do whatever I wanted with it, so here it is. I would also like to congratulate Rob on quitting smoking!! I know it is incredibly hard, and I for one am really proud of him.

My Life
I spent most of yesterday cleaning my closet, so no fiber endeavors to share. I worked on it for hours. Well, I had to. The luggage was buried in there somewhere. I thought. Only to find out the luggage was actually in the garage. After I spent all that time cleaning it, I walked in and out a few times (it is a very small walk in closet) just admiring it, so pleased that I had finally gotten it straightened up. I walked out for the last time, shut the door, and listened to the shelf as it pulled away from the wall and fell to the floor, taking all the clothing and everything on top of the shelf with it.

Maybe pictures later. I might dye some roving today. I managed to get the church bulletins for the next 2 weeks done yesterday, so I have some extra time today.

2 comments:

Tracy Batchelder said...

Good thing you weren't in the closet when the shelf decided to let go.

Anonymous said...

Good thing the "closet crash" didn't happen in the middle of the night like it did to us once. Scared us to death!