She seeketh wool and flax and worketh willingly with her hands. --Proverbs 31:13

4/15/2005

Bamboozled and Blessed

I went on a surfing expedition of all the blogs in my favorites list today. I mostly put blogs in my favorites that do lace or spinning or fair isle work. Everyone has a list of the blogs they read on the side of their blog. I wish I could figure out how to do that, or rather, the information would just show up in my brain, without me having to do any research or learning whatsoever. It would be nice to give people a link to sites I like, but I don't want to have to learn HTML or any of that stuff. With the homeschooling, the knitting and spinning, and now learning about the greenhouse and maybe (maybe!) about being a shepardess in the near future, I almost feel depressed at the thought of trying to research and learn something else. So I guess I will remain blog link listless for now. I just hope I am not committing a huge blog faux pas though..I can imagine a bunch a people sitting around and a remark like this "Oh, yes, her blog is nice enough, but no link list, can you imagine??" Oh well, those with limited energy reserves have to conserve somewhere, LOL.

Sean went and picked up my alpaca fleeces yesterday. I spun one tiny little lock on my drop spindle, just to see what would happen. I thought it was going to be just a plain, laceweight two ply, because it was a skinny single. But when I plied it, it turned into this fabulouse, puffy, sportweight that I just feel in love with. This was the two toned, second cut fleece. I can't even begin to imagine what is going to happen with the first cut ebony fleece. I am going to wait until next week to wash them. I need to finish the last of the camoflage mittens today, and then tommorrow evening, I am going to finish the silk laceweight yarn. Once that is done, I am going to cast on Sean's mittens for a knit at home project and a lace take along project out of the silk. Despite my determination to never knit gift knitting again, I am. I can't help myself I guess. It is also weird for me to have more than one knitting project going, so we will see how that goes.

For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land; The fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.
(Song of Solomon 2:11-13)

1 comment:

Melanie said...

ack, uhm...there should be somewhere on your edit page that says "post blogs here" or somethng of the sort...on the right or left side...i know i'm being vague...and then it will tell you how. and it doesn't really involve html (which i couldn't do to save my yarn) just some copying and pasting...good luck!
melanie