She seeketh wool and flax and worketh willingly with her hands. --Proverbs 31:13

1/31/2005

Well, for the last week, I have been kind of lost without the shawl project. I am a little at loose ends as to what to do next. So I have mostly been spinning, starting with this mohair that my friend Margaret dyed up from her Angora goats. It is the most beautiful autumn colors, and I spun it from the lock, getting a rather thick single (for me anyway) that I plied. This is what it looks like in lock form.

This is all the yarn I ended up with, about 300 yards. total. These are huge balls of yarn too My plan is to knit a skinny scarf, and trim a pair of those magic stretch gloves with the leftovers so that it will be a set. Definitely not for me, I will gift it to somebody. It was fun to spin, but not my style of knit wear at all.

This is my current project, 1 oz of this amazing sky blue/azure colored 100% silk I got as a doorprize at the Tulsa Wild and Wooly Guild meeting. I am spinning this as a test spin before I start spinning the 4 0z I bought from the lady that dyed this.

Last picture, I swear. I also spun some of these, as test spins. The yarn on the left I dyed myself. I call it black cherry. It is from some wool that I threw in the dyepot when there was dye that hadn't exhausted after I dyed the shawl. It is absolutely beautiful, and I wish I had more of the fiber. Probably have about 4 oz of that. The other is some miscellaneous grey. I got a lot of door prize bags that were various shades of grey. Some bags were stuffed full, some weren't, none had oz on them. I am hoping to get enough from that to knit a fareose shawl to just wear here in the house when it is cold. I have about 6 bags of wool, I hope I have enough. Well, that is all for today. I am going to try to start posting more often than once a week, but with the homeschooling, it's hard sometimes. I also wanted to say thank you to all of you that left such wonderful words of encouragement in the comments section. It really made my day to see those posted there!

No comments: