She seeketh wool and flax and worketh willingly with her hands. --Proverbs 31:13

11/23/2004

Action!

Finally, a WIP to report. I finished spinning all the roving that I bought at the spinning guild meeting, and now I am making a hat for Reagan. It is going to be a hat that ends in a point, with a little tassel hanging from a braid. I wasn't sure how to do the shaping for this, but I found a pattern for a santa hat that had the decreases at either side, like you would decrease the toe of a sock. I did that. I love the way the striping is coming out, the colors are just beautiful.

Here is a close-up of the yarn. This is a sport weight yarn, and it has the best patterns of repeats of the three balls of yarn that I got from this roving. I think because I spun two bobbins and plyed them together, instead of making a ball of one bobbin and plying it on itself from both ends. I think that this is the way that I am going to do this from now on. I was worried this yarn was going to be scratchy, but it is really very soft. I am going to have some of this left over, and I think I am going to make another pair of fingerless mittens, since they knit up so quick, and give them to someone for Christmas.

No comments: