She seeketh wool and flax and worketh willingly with her hands. --Proverbs 31:13

10/26/2004

Overdid it...

Well, I felt really good yesterday. I did a lot. I washed all the fleece that was still waiting to be washed from Mr. Henderson. I finished the surprise knitting project. I cooked dinner (really, after 2 weeks of people bringing by meals and eating heat and serve, I cooked!)

I think there are going to be problems with the Henderson roving. Sean told me that the lambs wool was on the top, and that an older sheeps fleece was on the bottom of the bag. Well, he got it backwards. The stuff that I thought was almost too short to spin was the older sheep fleece. The lamb's fleece was on the bottom. The length of the fiber is not even an inch long. It will spin, but I don't know if I am going to be able to do it on the wheel, because I can hardly do it on the spindle. It is incredibly soft though, and the color is a mixture of whites, browns and blacks. I am not holding my breath that I will be able to spin it though, cause I don't think it is going to happen. It is taking a long time to dry though, so I don't know when I will get to test my theory.

Had word from Woodland Woolworks today, that my wheel shipped today, and will be here by Monday, if not sooner. I think it is traveling UPS, so I bet not until Monday. No way to track it and see. It would be great if it got here Friday though, just so great.

No comments: