She seeketh wool and flax and worketh willingly with her hands. --Proverbs 31:13

9/28/2004

This is the picture of the finished mittens. The recipient was very very happy this morning when I handed them to her. The purple is a little off, but the light purple and pink are okay.

I also dyed this wool yesterday. I was going for a fall colors kind of thing, with greens and dark blues, as well as these other colors, but for some reason, that didn't work out. It was light pink, dark pink and some orange when I got done the first time. So I overdyed the whole thing with brown, and this is what I ended up with. I need to read more about dyeing, and figure out what is going on. I can't wait to spin some of this up though, because I know that sometimes, colors that you don't like when you finish dyeing look nice when they are spun up. I am hoping for a surprise!

No comments: